Saturday 21 July 2007

Power of public commitment

Currently I am reading great book 'The Psychology of Persuasion' by Robber B. Cialdini and I found very interesting story. A person was trying to quit smoking and kept relapsing but then he decided to make one change - her wrote on the back on his business card 'I promise you that I will never smoke another cigarette' and gave a copy of his card to his friends and colleagues. As he says quiting smoking 'cold turkey' was hardest thing he's ever done and he was tempted to smoke many times, however public commitment always stopped him from doing it and he's never had a fag again.

So if you have been trying stop doing or start doing and but unsuccessfully try this method it's really powerful. Let me know if it worked for you.

To find out more about life coaching and claim your free life coaching consultation click here.

Until next time

Andy

No comments: